Adds to Treo 600 Design
palmOne, the leader in handheld computing and communications solutions, today introduced a new member of the Treo(TM) smartphone family - the Treo 650 smartphone - giving mobile professionals all they need to stay connected and in touch. The Treo 650 simplifies customers' lives by combining a compact, full-featured mobile phone with email, a Palm OS(R) organizer, messaging and web access.
The Treo 650 will be available as either a digital dual-band CDMA/1xRTT or a GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band world phone, with pricing to be set by individual carriers. Carrier availability is expected to begin later this year in the United States, with worldwide rollout to follow in 2005.
"Today's mobile society needs to be productive while on the go without sacrificing access to important personal and professional data. With the Treo family, customers can be even more effective and efficient because of our seamless combination of mobile phone, email, organizer, web browser and messaging," said Ed Colligan, president, palmOne. "Treo smartphones let people do what they want, when they want and just about anywhere they want."
With Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Memos and more, the Treo 650 lets users organize and simplify their business and personal lives all in one place. Users can dial contacts by name from their contacts list or enter a name or number on the QWERTY keyboard or on-screen dial pad. Speakerphone, speed dial, conference calling, call history, and caller ID make managing calls that much easier.
The newest member of the Treo family builds on the award-winning design of
the Treo 600 with new and improved features:
· Vibrant 320 x 320 display is easy to read;
· Non-volatile memory and removable battery;
· Integrated Bluetooth(R) technology for communicating with headsets, car kits, computers and printers equipped with Bluetooth technology;
· Improved camera for better low-light shots, with video-capture capabilities;
· Improved QWERTY backlit keyboard and new design for easier typing;
· For GSM, capability to access EDGE based networks, which deliver incredibly fast data speeds(2);
· Support for direct corporate email access to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 using palmOne's VersaMail(TM) email software;
· MP3 player(3);
· Single inbox for text and picture messaging.