Sybase, a leading provider of enterprise infrastructure and
wireless software, today announced two complementary new products to rapidly mobilize and extend enterprise applications for the burgeoning mobile workforce.
Sybase Unwired Accelerator empowers non-technical users to
quickly mobilize without programming Web applications, databases, Web services and other data sources for delivery to a wide spectrum of mobile devices for both connected and occasionally connected access. Sybase Unwired Orchestrator then links mobile users in real time to complex back-end
enterprise applications through easily constructed, automated business processes. Both products help meet the need for simplified, end-to-end mobile enterprise computing solutions, and leverage Sybase’s information management expertise and its iAnywhere subsidiary’s mobile leadership.
“The benefits of mobile enterprise computing are clear, but the hurdles to affordably mobilize and integrate content and applications across organizations can appear prohibitive,” said Dr. Raj Nathan senior vice president, Information Technology and Solutions Group, Sybase. “Sybase Unwired Accelerator and Unwired Orchestrator give customers the ability to grow into this new business model, first mobilizing applications and then linking them for greatest business value to the information-rich enterprise applications at the back-end.”
With Unwired Accelerator, a business analyst can mobilize existing applications – like sales productivity tools – in hours, for users that are both live or “occasionally connected.” Key benefits include:
* Rapid mobilization of Web applications, Web sites, intranets, portals, databases, XML sources, HTML documents and Web services using a point and click visual interface
* Mobilized applications are up and running in days, with no programming and no changes to the source application or infrastructure
* Write once, and deploy to multiple mobile device formats
* Support for virtually any device, including Blackberrys, tablets, laptops, Pocket PCs, Palms, Symbians and Smart Phones Sybase Unwired Orchestrator complements Sybase Unwired Accelerator and other mobilization solutions by linking mobile users to enterprise applications in real time through automated business processes, services-oriented integration, process monitoring and alerting facilities, and B2B, ERP and
CRM adapters. Unwired Orchestrator enables multi-channel integration of mobile, Web, B2B and other new applications through a common layer of automated processes that move information between the data center to the
point of action.
Key benefits include:
* Development cost savings, made possible through integration of existing custom, packaged and legacy applications with new mobile, Web andB2B applications
* Business agility through rapid process improvement, made possible by user-friendly process design tools and dynamic performance measurement and monitoring facilities
* Accelerated transition to Services-Oriented Architecture, including the ability to bridge Web services and legacy infrastructures — a key tactic in holding the line on IT development and maintenance cost
* Immediate developer productivity, through simplified installation, configuration and maintenance procedures
“Sybase knows the mobile applications development marketplace, and the company maintains a leadership position in the mobile database and application middleware markets,” said Geoffrey Bock, senior vice president and senior consultant, Patricia Seybold Group. “Sybase has shown promising technologies and products such as Unwired Orchestrator and Unwired Accelerator, and to its credit, continues to provide innovative solutions for mobile enterprise applications.”