The pandemic massively accelerated network operators’ own digitalisation efforts as they sought to keep up with soaring demand for network capacity and meet their customers’ changing needs. In this time of great change, we are again celebrating the CTO (or equivalent titles) heroes of communications service providers of all types and sizes with our CTO of the Year Awards 2022.
These prestigious Awards are now in their tenth year and again we have two categories:
- THE TRAILBLAZER who can demonstrate that their company is offering services beyond connectivity – what additional services are on offer and to whom? Last year’s winner was Philippe Ensarguet, Group CTO, Orange Business Services – read our exclusive interview with Philippe to see why he’s a winner.
- THE GAMECHANGER is responsible for carrying out the core business but not as usual – creating efficient and effective infrastructure and operations and business models that make use of technologies such as AI, analytics, automation, open platforms and APIs. Our winner last year was Enrique Blanco, Global CTIO of Telefónica, the only person to have won one of our CTO of the Year Awards twice – so far. You can see what it takes to win by reading our exclusive interview with Enrique here.
If you are the CTO (or equivalent) of a fixed, mobile or converged network operator you can submit your own entry or enter on behalf of your CT(I)O.
To submit your entry
- Download and fill in the entry form AND EMAIL TO US BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON 29 APRIL 2022 following these simple guidelines:
- Make it personal: the entry must be about the individual and the particular attributes, experience and approach they bring to their role, rather than about the company per se. We want to understand this person’s contribution to the company, which of course is likely also to impact staff and the corporate culture, and customers as well as suppliers and partners.
- Keep it short – 1200 words in total, please, choosing the boxes that are most appropriate for the nominee and adding others if necessary. You are welcome to include hyperlinks to brief supporting material.
- Contact us with queries – we are here to help you make your entry as good as it can possibly be.
The judging panel
The judges (see below) will meet virtually in closed session(s) in May, and draw up a shortlist and decide on the winners. Their decisions will be both impartial and final.
Virtual roundtable and Awards ceremony – 8th June, 2022
All entrants who make the shortlist will be invited to attend a behind-closed-doors roundtable with their peers ahead of the Awards being presented at its conclusion.
Director, Consumer and Connectivity
Founder & CEO
Northstream (now part of Accenture)
Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer
Accedian (Sponsor of the Awards)
Mobile Communications &