6th June 2023 @ Telecoms Europe LIVE, Central London
The annual CTO Awards and Roundtable is one of Mobile Europe’s flagship initiatives, started in 2014 and enjoying enthusiastic reception and engagement from operators ever since.
Over the years, we have enjoyed the participation and insights from CTOs or equivalent top-tier technical executives heading mobile operators from Europe as well as Middle East and Africa, including Telefonica, Orange, T-Mobile, Elisa, Telenor, Etisalat / e&, Tele2, A1 and many others.
We have also evolved the criteria in keeping with industry trends as well as world events – e.g. in 2022, the Judges have voted unanimously to give a special Above and Beyond Award to Volodymyr Lutchenko, CTO of Ukraine’s Kyivstar (who also joined the Roundtable).
The Mobile Europe CTO of the Year Awards 2023 will see leading network operators based in Europe and beyond, competing for two Awards:
- THE TRAILBLAZER who can demonstrate that their company is offering services beyond connectivity – what additional services are on offer and to whom?
- THE GAMECHANGER is responsible for carrying out the core business but not as usual – creating efficient and effective infrastructure and operations and business models that make use of technologies such as AI, analytics, automation, open platforms and APIs.
The winners will be unveiled at the conclusion of the CTO Roundtable taking place at our Telecoms Europe LIVE event on 6th June 2023 in Central London, to which all the shortlisted CTOs will be invited.
If you are the CTO (or equivalent) of a fixed, mobile or converged network operator you can submit your own entry or enter on behalf of your CT(I)O.
To submit your entry
- Download and fill in the entry form AND EMAIL TO US BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON 5TH MAY 2023 following these simple guidelines:
- Make it personal: the entry must be about the individual and the particular attributes, experience and approach they bring to their role, rather than about the company per se. We want to understand this person’s contribution to the company, which of course is likely also to impact staff and the corporate culture, and customers as well as suppliers and partners.
- Keep it short – 1200 words in total, please, choosing the boxes that are most appropriate for the nominee and adding others if necessary. You are welcome to include hyperlinks to brief supporting material.
- Contact us with queries – we are here to help you make your entry as good as it can possibly be.
The judging panel
The judges (see below) will meet virtually in closed session(s) in May 2023, and draw up a shortlist and decide on the winners. Their decisions will be both impartial and final.
Virtual roundtable and Awards ceremony – 6th June 2023 in the Boardroom at Telecoms Europe LIVE in Central London.
All entrants who make the shortlist will be invited to attend a behind-closed-doors roundtable with their peers ahead of the Awards being presented at its conclusion.
Director, Consumer and Connectivity
Research Director, Networks
Covering communications infrastructure and digital services in EMEA